Sunday, February 28, 2010

Pastel Workshop with Kitty




Why do I always have to start off my blog entries with, "It's been a long time since my last blog." Isn't the point of a blog to make entries on a regular basis. I aim to do better in the future.

With that said, I had to share the delightful experience of the three-day pastel workshop I just attended with Kitty Wallis at the helm. We started Friday morning with color exercises based on value and temperature, and worked on transforming black and white photos into paintings using specific palettes. Of course we worked on Kitty's fabulous Wallis pastel paper - the best ever made. The hours flew and by the end of day one I was hooked. Too much fun - too much color eye candy. Day two started with Kitty demonstrating her pure pigment underpainting technique, followed by application of pastels. We each followed suit, this time working from our own color photograph. Day three was reserved for creating an array of handmade pastels to share and take home for future masterpieces!

The class was small but energy was high, and we all went away with smiles on our faces. New ideas, new materials, new friends - what could be better. I had a wonderful weekend - hope you did as well.

7 comments:

  1. How do I get that sideways image off my posting? Please send suggestions. Thanks, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantabulous post this has been. Never seen this kind of useful post. I am grateful to you and expect more number of posts like these. Thank you very much. kitty paw pipe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent article. Very interesting to read. I really love to read such a nice article. Thanks! keep rocking. linen wrap dress

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey what a brilliant post I have come across and believe me I have been searching out for this similar kind of post for past a week and hardly came across this. Thank you very much and will look for more postings from you. Emergency locksmith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing nice information with us. i like your post and all you share with us is uptodate and quite informative, i would like to bookmark the page so i can come here again to read you, as you have done a wonderful job. Locksmith in London

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see that you are an expert at your field! I am launching a website soon, and your information will be very useful for me.. Thanks for all your help and wishing you all the success in your business. Chaturbate

    ReplyDelete