Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Number 20 of 20

Amerinda Alpern
The final artist in my group of 20 is Amerinda Alpern. She is also my newest artist friend, having met her in August through Chas Martin. I think she has more energy in her little pinkie than I do in my entire body. She is tiny, moves quickly, asks lots of questions, and is very generous with her time and possessions - she already staffed the gallery for me on a Saturday and donated a brand new jewelry display case to my new space.

Amerinda brings mobiles and jewelry to Art In The Village. She says, "The correlation between pieces I make to wear and kinetic sculpture stems from my desire to work between large and small objects, while continuing my exploration with texture, color and form."

Working with hand tools -  a rolling mill, files, torch, and polishing machine, - Amerinda creates in silver, bronze and gold. Her inspiration comes from a fascination with nature, walks in the woods, and a love of graceful modern shapes. "The juxaposition of the natural world and pure form continue to collide and provide continuous amounts of amusement in my studio life."

Amerinda holds an MFA in Sculpture from Colorado State University and a BFA from California College of the Arts.



No comments:

Post a Comment