Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A New Painting!!!

Monday night, instead of getting ready and heading out to The Canvas Bistro for an evening of drawing, I stayed home in my pj's and painted in my studio. I worked from a photo in my collection of a scene in Roussett, France. My husband and I had taken a cruise of the Mediterranean and selected to take a day trip to this region where the soil is red clay and the buildings reflect the area's natural resource in their coloration. I started with watercolor and ended with a gouache painting. I find myself using this process frequently, which allows me the freedom to make changes and experiment more with the image. I'm happy with the results.

1 comment:

  1. Nice one Donna! Carolyn and I were out on the Columbia Monday - we painted the back end of the stern Wheeler after we had been on a little cruise.

    ReplyDelete