Sunday, July 14, 2019

Yesterday was a family day with yard work in the morning and time at the driving range with Tom in the afternoon. Tried to remember all I learned last year when we both took golf lessons and I invested in my own set of clubs. Started off strong but was swinging and missing as the bottom of  the bucket appeared. Despite the frustration, it was fun and I will keep going back until I improve.

Golf is like painting - some days your stance and swing result in good shots, and other days you struggle. Likewise, some days at the easel are productive and smooth, and other days make you feel like you've never painted before in your life. But it's fun and I'll just keep going until I get it right.

My last painting more or less flowed. Had to make some adjustments as I went along, but the result was a finished painting with lots of pattern and design elements that I found pleasing. I limited the palette to secondary colors - greens, violets, and oranges - some of my favoite hues. It's signed and ready for a frame - time to start something new.


"Houses in Dinan, France" - Acrylic on Board





No comments:

Post a Comment